When you know How To Share Wifi Password on your iPhone with other Apple devices you won’t need to disclose your WiFi password to anyone. The benefits and drawbacks of using a complex password for your WiFi network are both there. The benefit is that only authorized users may access your network. The drawback is that sharing with friends or family who wish to utilize your WiFi is more challenging.
Before, you had to download a third-party program to accomplish this. Apple has made it simple to transfer a WiFi password from an iPhone to another iPhone, an iPad, or any Mac running macOS Sierra or later since iOS 11. Here’s How To Share Wifi Password on your iPhone:
What to do before you begin to share wifi passwords from iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
Make sure the other person has your Apple ID in their contact list before you begin. Your Apple ID may be found right here. Then access contacts, select Edit in the upper right corner, and enter your Apple ID after the email address of the contact.
- Ensure that iOS, iPadOS, and macOS High Sierra or later are all current on both devices.
- Activate Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on both devices. Turn off Personal Hotspot on any connected devices.
- Utilize your Apple ID to log into iCloud. Then check to see if the other person’s Contacts have the email address you use for your Apple ID stored. Additionally, confirm that your Contacts have their email address stored.
- Keep the other person’s Bluetooth and Wi-Fi-enabled gadget close by and within reach.
How to share wifi passwords from iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
- On your iPhone, go to Settings. The gear-shaped symbol on your home screen represents this.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on by tapping it again. If the slider at the top of your screen is green, Bluetooth is turned on.
- Return to Settings and choose WiFi.
- Check that WiFi is on, then log onto a WiFi network. By selecting a WiFi network’s name from the list below and providing your login details, you may connect to it. You may skip this step if your iPhone automatically connects to your WiFi network.
- Navigate to Settings on the iPhone that requires the WiFi password.
- Touch WiFi. Tap the WiFi symbol in the top-right corner of your screen and choose a WiFi network from the drop-down menu if you want to share a WiFi password with a Mac machine.
- select the identical WiFi network. The iPhone that will be exchanging the password should already be connected to this network.
- When asked, avoid entering the password.
- Navigate to WiFi on the linked iPhone.
- On the pop-up box, select Share Password. The Bluetooth range must exist between the two iPhones.
- After that, the second iPhone will get the WiFi password and be able to connect.
What to Do When sharing wifi password does not work?
Here are a couple of solutions if you’re having difficulties getting the devices to share the WiFi password:
- Restart your other device and your iPhone.
- Verify that the most recent software updates are installed on both devices. Go to Settings > General > Software Upgrade > Download and Install to update your iPhone. Your iPhone is up to date if the download and update option is not shown.
- Reconnect to the WiFi network after disconnecting. To accomplish this, choose the network name under Settings > WiFi. “Forget this Network” may be accessed by tapping the letter I symbol. Rejoin the network and type the password when that is finished.
- Your iPhone’s network settings should be reset. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings to accomplish this.
- Try rebooting the router one last time. Check out our instructions right here if you want to learn how to reset your router.